System Control and Testing Engineer
Skytree creates air for inspiration. We are a clean tech company creating products to address poor air quality and positively affect people's health and our environment in practical ways.
Our working culture is based on a dynamic and smart approach to business, an open and understanding attitude to others and the desire to expand the boundaries of what is possible. Based in Amsterdam's Science Park we are a team of 13 engineers, designers and business developers who are working on creating better air for a viable future. Our team is from all over the world and we are working on an even empowering an even more diverse and thought-inspiring team.
In this role we will ask you to lead the specification, development and implementation of automation, control and data acquisition systems for new Skytree prototypes and testing facilities; this will range from the understanding of requirements and full specification of systems through to assembly and operation. You will design robust testing procedures and perform testing on new prototypes.
- Work with the Engineering team to develop control system requirements for next generation prototypes and lab testing equipment
- Develop and deliver control and data acquisition systems in line with agreed specifications, both internal and with partners
- Produce documentation, status reports and operating procedures
- Develop internal procedures and recommendations for standardisation of equipment and components
- Develop and standardize testing procedures, carry out experiments, perform data analysis and deliver test reports
- Communicate with collaboration partners to allow integrated functionality of future demonstrators
Profile and Experience
- Degree in a related field (Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Mechatronics) + 3-6 years working experience
- Experience in designing and specifying control systems from initial concepts through to installation, testing and operation
- Experience in developing and carrying out testing procedures (Design of Experiments Methodology)
- Experience in data analysis (R, Matlab, Mathematica etc.)
- Programming experience in C (Arduino, microprocessors)
- Experience in numerical simulations (bonus)
- Experience and understanding of mechanical component design (bonus)
- Able to write clear, concise technical reports
- Ability to work independently
- Reliable, open-minded team player and self-starter
- Enjoy being part of a diverse, multi-cultural team
We offer you a unique opportunity of professional and personal development in one of the most innovative cleantech start-ups in the heart of Amsterdam!
Skytree is a spin-off from the European Space Agency (ESA) and has developed a unique CO2-capture technology which can be applied in a variety of products and industries.