Skytree creates air for inspiration. We are a clean tech company creating products to address poor air quality and positively affect people's health and our environment in practical ways.
Our working culture is based on a dynamic and smart approach to business, an open and understanding attitude to others and the desire to expand the boundaries of what is possible. Based in Amsterdam's Science Park we are a team of 13 engineers, designers and business developers who are working on creating better air for a viable future. Our team is from all over the world and we are working on an even empowering an even more diverse and thought-inspiring team.
We are now building a brand and communications team to develop our identity and communications methodology. We want smart, forward thinkers looking to build their career to join our team. This role will evolve with you and working with our Brand and communications head will show the face of Skytree to the world.
Design is the language of problem solving. We seek a new brand and design intern for our Amsterdam team. You will be joining our team as we build out and align our new brand identity and communications tools. Our communications team covers social and content while producing videos and branding materials from scratch. We cultivate innovation and curiosity in our team and you will be no exception to this.
You will be working and learning from our Brand and communications lead and be given projects to challenge your skill sets and mindset.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
– Use your creativity to transfer the ideas of yourself and others onto ‘paper’
– Support marketing and sales staff on the design of relevant materials (Brochures, Newsletters etc.)
– Ensure the design of the Skytree website is kept to a high, pixel perfect, standard
– Design for both traditional (paper) mediums, and the web
- Help further develop our visual identity and motion work for a comprehensive look and feel.
What can you expect from us?
– Working in an informal, comfortable environment in the vibrant Amsterdam
– Gain first-hand visual design experience for a cleantech startup
– Learn or improve user experience skills
– Improve your design portfolio working on exciting projects
– Work together with other young talented people (engineers, marketeers, UX specialists and sales executives)
– Support to ensure you can work to the best of your abilities
– Encouragement, and appreciation of your own initiative
– Office lunch with free tips from your international colleagues to make the best sandwiches
Desired skills and expertise?
– An excellent eye for detail
– Excellent time management and communication skills
– Strong problem-solving skills
– Brilliant in the tools of your trade
– Adobe Creative Suite abilities (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
– Proactive and creative
– Willingness to learn new and improve your current skills
– Understanding of wordpress or similar CMS
– Understanding of HTML, CSS, and web 2.0 technologies is a plus
The position is 4 days per week at €450 a month based in our offices in Amsterdam. This is for a 6 month duration. You can work some of the week at home and some from the office but more from the office at the beginning.
As we grow your network develops at the same pace and will offer more opportunities for the future. If you are interested in climbing the Skytree drop us a your portfolio and cv to say hello. Please use the cover letter to explain why you are a fit to work with us and have a think about it first.
Please supply these elements or else we cannot process your application: