Customer Application Engineer
The climate era is among us and the health of our planet is in our hands. This is the defining moment of our time. How we live, work, eat and move has to change if we’re to solve climate change.
One of the solutions to solving this problem is in the air we breathe.
Skytree harnesses carbon through the power of decentralized direct air capture technology. We believe by creating modular solutions to capture carbon at customer sites we can accelerate the health of our planet and society. That is why we created one of the worlds smallest and simplest carbon capture processes to transform how food is grown, improve the way we drive electric as well as provide clean air across the buildings we work in.
Born out of the European Space Agency (ESA), during the development of a CO2 scrubber, space scientists evaluated over 50 sorbents. Skytree founder, Max Beaumont, was a system engineer on this team and spun out the technology through the ESA incubator program 'ESA-BIC'. With a decade of research & development, the company has since registered 14 patents across US, Europe and China.
Today our decentralized direct air capture technology reduces emissions from supply chains, closes the carbon loop, saves energy and provides a viable pathway to a smarter carbon future. That is why we are on a mission to change people’s relationship with carbon, fast tracking the health of society and our planet.
- Cooperation with customer engineers to qualify, integrate and support new Skytree products at customer sites
- Training customer engineers and management, and making sure product performance is the best possible
- Cooperation with customers, reacting to changing customer needs, adjusting requirements specifications and guiding the engineering team in order to develop new features and products
What You Will Do
- Provide on-site professional technical support for customers in Europe and occasionally in the USA
- Develop innovative solutions to changing customer requirements
- Lead qualifications at customer site, cooperating with sales, marketing, engineering department and R&D in Skytree. Plan technical content of customer qualification tests, and support customer tests on site.
- Cultivate good relations with customers addressing problems and providing solutions to changing requirements
- Make sure customer requirements are clear to internal departments in Skytree and customer is aware of Skytree solutions
- A university degree in Mechanics, Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering or similar
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Hands-on experience working with hardware, Indoor farming, HVAC, IoT devices, electronic products
- Experience with coding, digital interfaces or IoT-related software is a plus
- Experience with measuring gasses concentration in the air is a plus
- Communication skills and the ability to build and nurture customer relations essential
- The job does require international traveling